Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thailand

Hello Travelers!
I think that you are quite fortunate to have had the opportunity to learn about another country and its customs. You have learned about this country in a variety of different ways. I have enjoyed seeing some of the activities you have done in your Writer's Notebooks, but I would love to learn more! Please think and reflect about your time with Senorita Memoe, then write a post that tells others what you have enjoyed the most. Please give a specific example of what you did or how you learned that explains why you feel that way. As always, I encourage you to respond to what others post. Happy writing,
Mr. Willis

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked Thailand because i like learning new languages and I liked Thailand Bingo!

robbie said...

I think Thailand is fun because I like bingo and I also liked learning knew languages. I also liked looking at the pictures.

Liam D. said...

I liked when we played bingo. But I never got a sticker! I liked it because we got to use glue.

adam said...

I like Thailand because I like learning new culture's food and games.

carly said...

I like Thailand because I think it is cool learning about a new colture, because not a lot of kids get to do that and Thailand is very diffrent then the U.S.A.

Mr. Willis said...

So far it sounds like bingo has been the favorite. I'd still like to know more about the game though! How did you get to mark spots? What were the spots? Adam and Carly, what activities did you do that you enjoyed when learning about the culture? Let's make sure we are all being more specific please!

hanna said...

HI,


I enjoyed learning about a new country! I also enjoyed learning a new language! My favorit words were elephant and how you say hellow in thai! Hanna

Mr. Willis said...

Thanks for your comment Hanna. I think that it would be fun if you led us with that as a greeting.

Anonymous said...

Sa-wa-di-khrep! That's how you say hello in Thai. But, if you are a girl, you say, Sa-wa-di-kha! I liked Thailand because I like learning a new language! When I learn a new language, it seems impossible for me to stop saying the language. In this case, it is Thai. I also liked learning about the culture, like Carly. I liked learning about the culture because I liked learning how they live. Boys usually become Monks for a certian amount of time. I also liked learning their religion. They have a certain person that they worship. It is called the Buddah. They also worship and belive in spirits and they give food to the spirits at the spirit house. Another way they worship the spirits is by decorating a certain type of tree called the Banyon Tree. My favorite thing I learned was how they travel. They travel on Elephants! And speaking of elephants, in Thailand, you can keep elephants as a pet.

Liam Mc said...

I liked Thailand Bingo the most because it taught us different words in Thai while we had fun too.

Mr. Willis said...

Well done Zachary! I learned a lot from your post. You could lead a greeting too. Thanks for the big writing effort. Liam Mc, I appreciate the reason why you liked Bingo. Keep the posts coming.

Anonymous said...

Why I did that is for the world to see how to say hello in Thai!!