Hello Scientists,
I had a great time participating in the activities and experiments in Four Winds last week. I never knew how much pressure air was putting on our bodies. No wonder I am tired at the end of each day! Do you remember how much that amount was? What was your favorite experiment or activity from that day? Please post a comment answering the questions above. Here is the video from my favorite one. If you try it at home be sure to let us know!
Mr. Willis
Art ROCKS!
10 years ago
18 comments:
That was so funny but why can't they show the egg exploding the
2nd time we tried?
Julia,
Thanks for checking it out. I thought the video of it working was better. I can show you the other one here at school if you want. Are you going to try this?
I loved that experiment! I wathed it two times. The first time, I watched it by myself. The second time I watched it, it was with my Mom and my little sister. The other experiment that we did was the water in the glass and waxed cardboard experiment. You fill the glass and put the wax cardboard on top of it. Then you flip the glass upside down, still holding the waxcardboard at the top. After you hold it there for a couple of seconds, you let go of the wax cardboard, but don't let go of the glass! It is magic! The wax cardboard will not fall of the glass of water!
Zachary,
I was impressed with that glass full of water experiment too. I think that one was really magic! Let us know how it goes if you try any of these at home! Your comment is very clearly written. Thanks for taking the care.
I had suggestioned it to my mom, but she said maybe over the weekend. I know that doesn't mean this weekend, with my sisters partys and stuff.
I agree with Julia. Why can't they show the egg exploding the second time we tried?
I think there was 15 pounds for every square inch! My favorite part of elf was making the parachutes. Carly and Tadj were in my group and we made a strong one.
It was realy funny and a lot of fun I hope we can do that again and the first time to have it work. I liked when we poped the bottle top off the bottle I hope we can do that again to.
What did you like about the bottle pop Nathalie?
I watched a few seconds then it froze and it wasn't working, but I really like that expierement and would try it at home if it didn't involve fire. I agree with zachary that the trick with the card and the water-filled cup was really amazing. I thought it was going to pop off and spill water all over our classroom!
Great posts everyone - I really like how you are responding to each other. Keep it up!
Laura - good memory on the amount of weight that air has on our bodies. Can you tell us more about your parachute and why it worked?
Nathalie - thanks for adding your favorite experiment.
Sophia - the fire is a bit scary for that egg experiment. That is why I posted the one that worked! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the magic water experiment!
I liked the video alot. My favorite experiment was when we put the pump into the milk carton and the cap poped off.
I think it's 15 pounds per square inch.I liked the parachutes.
I tryed the egg in the bottle trick and the egg whent boom! Its a good whay to make develd eggs.
I remeber how much air is being put on us it is 15 sqares. My favorite part of Four Winds was when they had a bottle and a mach and put it in the bottle and than put a egg on top of the bottle and than it poped right in.
My favorite part of the Four Winds about air was I liked pop the top because you had to do at least eight pumps. You had to use a pump to pump air into a jug so it popped the top off.
Very funny Adam, but I don't think anyone would like smokey deviled eggs.Oh and Mr.Willis, I would like to see the other video at school - and yes I do want to try this, now that I think about it.
My favorite activity was when we got in groups and played charades. My groupmates were Zachary, and Laura. Zachary and I were flying squirrels and Laura was a mouse. You see, every group got a different animal and had to use the stuff in a bag to act out their animal. Then other people would try to guess what they were.
Post a Comment