I think that this spider is a Crab Spider because it looks like a crab. I found this spider in the back of my house on a sliding screen door. I when down there because every time I go down there I see 1or2 spiders. When I was taking my photo I saw an egg sack moving. I thought the baby spiders where coming out so I stayed out there for 10 or 15 mins, but they never hatched. When I was walking back inside I saw a big spider web. I tried to take a photo of it but my camera had no memory.):
By: Adam
Hello Spider Watchers!
I have mixed feelings about this post. I'm not very comfortable with spiders but as a gardener I appreciate what they do. In an effort to become less frightened of them I need your help! Please take a photo or do a drawing of a spider or web that you find. Then write a short "story" about where you found it (setting), what it looked like around that spot (descriptive details), and what it was like for you. My example is below. Please read it and make a comment about the photo or my writing. I will add your photos and drawings to this post as you bring them in. Good luck and happy hunting!

I knew that I needed a photo for this post and I knew just where to look. Every Fall spiders make webs on my front porch. By the time Halloween comes around they have grown big enough to scare the trick or treaters! I looked up into the corner of my porch and sure enough, one was there. It was tucked way up high into the corner. Too far away for a good photo. So I grabbed my favorite stool that I use to reach high spots and placed it under the sleeping spider. The spider didn't move and I couldn't get a good shot. I decided that blowing on it might get it to move. Suddenly the spider sprang to life and dropped down on a strand of silk. I nearly fell off my stool I was so surprised! It settled on the railing and I finally managed to get this good shot.
7 comments:
I learned that spiders are not insects.
Mr.Willis where did you catch the pitcur of the spider?
I learned how to tell if a spider is a girl or a boy.
what I think about the spiders is doing on the wall he is maken a web thats what I think he doing
that spider looks like one I saw
before it looked exact like that.
Mr.Willis where did you think to look for the spider?
I saw this big wolf spider.whiththis big egg sack.and it made a big funl shape.I looked in my book.and the spider whas poisinis.
Post a Comment