Tuesday, October 13, 2009

CARES

We have been working over the past two weeks to understand what the letters in CARES stand for. Each student worked with others in a group to brainstorm ways to describe the word they picked. Some made up songs or poems. Others wrote ideas and phrases you could say.
Each group is divided into paragraphs. Your task is to read the ideas below and post a comment telling us what one of the letters means and a thought or two about the ideas. Do you know which word the groups were working on? You should also comment on a time when you showed one of the words or you saw someone else doing one of them. Good luck.

C-o-o-p-e-r-a-t-i-o-n,
Keep your eyes and ears on the speaker, not your friends,
and follow, follow, follow the directions,
and keep a friendly tone to all people.
Cooperation is the word you should follow!
Do your job or work,
work together,
help your friends,
stay on topic,
don't fool around at meeting, during directions, during teaching or instructions.


Stand up for yourself and others.
"Can you please stop hurting my friend!"
Ask for help.
"Stop bullying me!"
Treat others the way you want to be treated.
Step in to help others who need it.


Responsibility.
You have to believe in yourself.
Responsibility.
You have to believe in yourself.
Responsibility.
You can get the job done.
Responsibility.
Doing what's expected of you.
Responsibility.
Doing what's expected of you.
Responsibility.
Doing your job help everyone.
Responsibility.
Did you get your work done?
Responsibility.
Did you get your work done?
Responsibility.
New we can go have some fun!


To care for people.
To be in someone else's shoes.
"I'm sorry I tripped you."
"I'm sorry you fell off the swing."
"I'm sorry you dropped your lunch."
Helping people out.


Be calm.
Do not put hands on people.
Speak nicely.
No hitting and no punching.
Inside voices.
Polite language.
Listen to other people.
Listen to people when they are talking.

11 comments:

lucien said...

empathy means to stand up for others.

Logan said...

Empathy is being in someone elses shoes.

adam said...

In testing every one was Cooperating by being quiet. Everyone was supposed to be quiet so everyone could focus.

Koell said...

What I think about self-control is I didn't hit back when someone hit me. I told the teacher instead of hitting him back. I did the right thing.

nathalie said...

Yesterday when Ashleigh got hurt yesterday i asked her if she needed help she said yes so i walked her to her bus.

Anonymous said...

One day I was in the cafeteria and I opened my yogurt and it spilled everywhere. Alex helped me pick it up. He was being empathetic.

hanna said...

Yesterday my friend Nathaile showed Empathy because she asked Ashleigh if she was all rite because she hit her head.

McD said...

Assertion mens to stand up for others.say I saw someone geting buled you would say stop buling my frind.pick on someone your one size.and treat them the way you whant to be treded.

Mr. Willis said...

Thanks Adam for starting off the use of specific examples. It looks like you took a lot of care in writing your comment. McD, I appreciate that you posted what people could say if they saw someone getting bullied. Ashleigh, it is nice that you recognized what a classmate did to help you out!

McD said...

empthy means to put your self in someone els shoose.say i got huret and you hade to walk to the bus you could say are you ok.do you need help.if the person hurt ther head or do you need help to walk doun the haul to the bus.

Logan said...

I was in the auditorium to pick up my instrument on October 27 and by Empathy i got someone a music time sheet.