Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Election Projects

Election Article
By Nathalie and Hanna
My name is Nathalie and my name is Hanna and we are in 3rd grade in Mr. Willis’ class. We are studying elections. We started on September 1st 2008 and now it is November 11th 2008. We did it with our class. We were learning about the Election because it was very important because he wanted us to learn to vote so when we get older we now how to vote. It was very fun to learn about it. We got to take notes about the three branches of the government. We also got to make campaign posters. We got to make them with our table groups. We were going to make a classroom constitution with the phrases that we used to make our posters. We read some books about the federal government. We saw some slide shows about how a bill turns into a law in the classroom. We saw the slide shows with our whole class. Our favorite part was when made posters because we got to design our own picture. The names of the three branches are the legislative, judicial and the executive. Our second favorite thing was taking notes because we could decorate them. One time we wrote about the three branches. The first one we wrote about was the legislative, and then we wrote about the judicial, then the executive branch.

7 comments:

laura said...

WOW! That looked REALLY good I liked how you guys told us why you liked it and you two favorite parts abbout what we did

Mr. Willis said...

Nice comment Laura. Hanna and Nathalie, you put in a lot of effort writing and revising. It was a big risk to try something new with the photos too. You have a very thoughtful post.

hanna said...

Hi,

My favorite part of doing the article was making the slide show because I got to do it with my friend nathalie and doing a slide show for Mrs. Peterson class.
Hanna

carly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carly said...

Really good job Hanna and Nathalie! I liked how on the slide show you wrote what the picture was of. I also agree with Laura, I like how you guys told us what your favorite parts were.

sophia said...

That's great! I really like the slide show.It looked really cool, and I liked how you put labels at the bottom so you can see who made it and what it is.

Anonymous said...

Nathalie and Hannah, I really enjoyed how you labled each picture!