Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cold Weather Science

Hello Scientists!
Thanks for braving the sub zero temperatures this morning to see one of my favorite experiments. I have some ideas why this happens, but I would love to have somebody research why water turns to a gas in the cold! Here is the link to today's video: Experiment

I realize that the video from Thursday could not be viewed so here is the experiment from Friday morning when it was -20 F! I'll keep working on the other one.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't see the video. We right clicked and clicked 'Save Target As' and we saved it. When it turned out in Windows Media Player, only the sound came out. We have two softwares about my video camera where you can save it and play it. When we tried to play it there, the screen was black and only sound came out. Are you sure you downloaded the video part, or did you just download sound. Please try it at home or at school. If it works there, it is just my computer.

This morning, though, I liked how you could see physically how water turns into a cloud.

jccronan said...

Zachary, your lucky to even hear the sound my computer won't even let me play it but it was probably just my computer.

Just like you Zachary I liked how you could see in real life how the water turns into a cloud I wonder how it does that?

adam said...

It was awesome!!!!!!!!! I tried the water experiment at hone and it worked. But it all evaporated.

Anonymous said...

I just saw the video at school. The cloud was awesome!!!

lucien said...

I tried the experiment at home it worked well!!!

Mr. Willis said...

Nice job trying it out Lucien. Was it snowing when you did it? Someone should try it this weekend as it warms up a bit and snows. Will it work then?

Liam D. said...

My mom thought that was the coolest thing she'd ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nathalie said...

I just watched it on the computer at home. It was very cool. I wish i could of been there to see it in real
life.

jccronan said...

Mr. Willis,

I liked how you first showed what happens to cold water and then hot water! Like Zachary I thought it was cool!

carly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carly said...

I havn't tried the experiment yet but I really want to. It looks really cool. I also liked when the fighter jet came through.