Friday, January 9, 2009

Playing Bingo



This is a picture from Marybeth and Mr. Popoli’s science group together setting up our bingo sheets. We were setting up these bingo sheets by adding things that are part of Newton’s Second Law. The words we wrote were: hypothesis, experiment, data, mass, velocity, speed, force, motion, and question. We had to put them at least 2 or 3 times in any box. Then when we got bingo we would stand up and yell “BINGO!” Marybeth would say the definition and we would say the word out loud that matched the definition. I got bingo 12 times because I filled my whole page. I am sitting next to McKenna with the striped shirt helping her fill it out. She was done by the time we started playing. She liked to stand up and yell bingo. We had a lot of fun and I could tell McKenna was having fun because she was laughing, smiling and rolling on the floor. We had fun playing bingo.




By: Laura

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

During science workshops, I did a really fun expierement with Mrs. Thyng. We had a inscolater taped to the back two chairs and with my own marbles, our tablegroup had to drop the marble at the mark 18 and see how far up it will go on the other side of the inscolaters. My tablegroup was with Rachel, Sophia, and Julia. My hypothesis (a.k.a prediction) was that it would go up to 18 on the other side. But I was wrong. It went to 12 on the other side. When we could expierement by ourselves, we figured out some other data. I'll tell you it. If you stared at 12 on one side, the marble went to 6 on the other side. If you started at 6, it went up to 12. If you started at 24, it went to 18 on the other side. We had lots of fun on that expierement!

Mr. Willis said...

Zachary,
Great information! I like how you shared your hypothesis and then evaluated it. That is great science thinking.

nathalie said...

Hi,
Whose class were you in? Whoe were the other people next to you?

Unknown said...

this is emma from mr.kelloggs class i watched some videos and thought it was cool